Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What am I thinking?

After a long break with a nice vacation in DC*, I'm back to rolling again with some more jewelry projects that I need to get photographed and listed in Etsy, and then I had another project idea...

Etsy has everything handmade from truly artistic creations to glue and macaroni decorations, and there is absolutely TONS of stuff out there. Trying to find the best of the best in all of that stuff is time-consuming to impossible. When we want the best fashions, we seek out our favorite fashion bloggers, so why can't we do a better job of blogging the best of Etsy?

Since I'm out there all of the time looking for all of the wonderful new items (i.e. my definition of wonderful new items -ha!), I could just as well post what I find in an organized blog from which people could actually click to shop each of the posted items from the respective Etsy sellers. The focus will be on the items I tend to shop rather than the entire site, so I'm going for things like jewelry, shoes, clothes, accessories and even a few toiletries. Basically anything you'd find in your closet or makeup room.

Well, it's no small undertaking, but I've got the foundation, and now I need to work through a few organizational details to make sure I can blog as efficiently as possible. Where I think I'll have the time to do something like this, I don't know, but hopefully I'll come up with a blogger-friendly setup that takes little time to maintain.  Always a project... :)

*As I'm rereading this post a couple weeks later, I'm wondering what delusional state I was in to call it a "nice" vacation. I had a serious case of food poisoning the first night there, and have never been so sick in my life.  I  was lucky to be in good enough shape to fly home.  A nice vacation...